Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2011

DAY1 of 24 day challenge SAT~1/29

My weigh in this morning reflected what I ate last night, I went from 159 Wed. night to 161.4 this morning. (I need to weigh in after using the bathroom apparently & am assuming that I went back down to at least 160) I'm not going to let it get me down thought as my BMI went from 34.4 to 30.2 from what I recall in less than 2 months. Putting me from the edge of very poor in to the lower end of just poor BMI. I still lost inches since my last measuring 2 weeks ago. My right arm is apparently .5" smaller around than my left arm. She even measured me twice, apparently my left arm is a fatty.
8am- 1st morning fiber drink with 8-10oz of water mixed in (70). I mixed it good & hoped for the best as a lot of things taste like crud, or chalk. I didn't get a bad taste from any of it which was pleasantly surprising It didn't taste bad at all. Not my favorite but it wasn't the taste it was like drinking bread or probably a better way of putting it thinned down malt-o-meal. 2 16oz. glasses of water followed. & then 1/2 pt blueberries (80) I wasn't hungry but it says to eat about 30 min after taking it. I had a pleasantly full feeling most of the morning & didn't feel bloated or anything during my 30 min. of instructing Zumba in the Circuit at Curves.
Drove up to BRF for my next 1 hour class but no one showed up (don't worry I still got paid). 1 had a wedding & others well were MIA so who knows. Had an egg (70) & apple (80) for a snack at noon.
Lunch 2pm~ Salad, lettuce 2 cups (30) green olives w/ pimentos (50) HB egg (70) 1/2 medium tomato (14) 1/2 portion of tuna marinaded in lemon & pepper sauce (80) & squirt Italian vinagrette dressing (18)
3pm I feel stuffed stupid again. Water as instructed by the plan.
• What I didn't eat but would have if not on cleanse (would have had lite yogurt for snack instead) & choc. milk for lunch. Also, would have had Bleu cheese stuffed olives & french/bleu cheese mix dressing.
 No snacks not really hungry... which is kinda unusual.
6pm hungry & trying to figure out supper
7pm eating: 2 pieces of this new fish I found in the grocery store called Swai fish steamed. I put a little bit of  marinade on it (no dairy products in it) (230) with the marinade & some seasoning spices It was INCREDIBLE. I'm not joking I've had possibly catfish & a few others that were better but it was amazing. I was initially hesitant to get it as it's "cheap" fish which usually equates to crappy tasting or bland. Totally not the case. This is a new excellent addition to my dietary list. :)
 This is a fresh water fish that produces a wonderful mild flavored flaky, white meat. It is primarily raised in S.E. Asia (Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand). A versatile fish, you can bake, & poach it. Because of its mild flavor, it lends well to sauces and various spices. And if that hasn't sold you on it, how about $3.50 to $4.50 per pound? This is an unbelievable low price when you consider Halibut, Salmon, or Sole running 3-4 times that amount. To top it off, it is very nutritious as well, with only 100 calories per 4 ounces, 2 to 3 grams of fat, and about 50 mg. of cholesterol. These figures are even lower than chicken.
frozen peas & fresh mushrooms (200) No butter & just a little of seasoning salt on it. I had a lot of peas & mushrooms about 2.5 cups. &  Uncle Ben's whole grain, white rice (180) dessert blueberrys (44) & a banana (105) (1326) total for the day. I feel full. I remembered to take my 3 herbal cleansing pills tonight & am off to bed 10:30pm. I just drank water today, no Spark & no vitamins. Felt kinda drowsy mid-afternoon but was uplifted by getting a few new clothing items on super clearance in smaller sizes. :) Didn't find any new shorts which I'll need soon. All the places had were capris, sweats or running shorts which don't work well for Zumba. :( Guess I'll have do do more shopping at some point or I won't have many workout shorts left to wear.

2 comments:

  1. I was anxiously awaiting this post. I was wondering what your first day was going to be like. Seriously considering doing this, but will wait until you have a couple of weeks in to see how effective it is. I clicked on one of your ads today on your blog and started the SparkAmerica program (I think that's what it was called). Anyways, it basically keeps track of my fitness and nutrition info for me. Kinda to keep myself on track and accountable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just added the ads figuring they might make me some extra $$ for some small items. I figure that's only pennies. I guess I didn't realize how much dairy & carbs in general I still was eating in my diet, mostly the dairy. Should post dinner here in about an hour or so. Still deciding.6:30pm & i'm kinda hungry now but haven't eaten anything since lunch.

    ReplyDelete