Total Pageviews

Monday, May 9, 2011

Weekend 5/7 & 5/8 "e" is for gard"e"ning

Saturday~ 7:30, 8:30 & 9:30 30 min Zumba in the circuit sessions MRS at 8am. 11am Zumba toning hour. Did 2-3 hours of gardening & chores. 2 turkey cheddar franks on a wheat bun & a few fries baked in toaster oven. Dinner was ? oh crap... really I can't remember 2 days ago. I've been trying very hard to put less emphasis on food & now I can't remember other than it was a good healthy choice & portion of food.
Sunday~Breakfast~ 1c. lucky charms & almond milk (I know... but you know what? I didn't like them & missed my choc. MRS...)
Lunch Cheeseburger on wheat bun & fresh real guac. with organic Boulder brand spinach/artichoke chips (pretty much the only chip I'll eat & are only like a special treat when on sale).
I spent pretty much the whole day gardening & rototilling. This is not to be taken lightly as a day off. Had Mass Impact prior & Rehydrate & lots of water during) since our $700 (paid for by AdvoCare checks) is just as demanding of a workout if not more than any weightlifting or Zumba or anything. It was wrangling the beast of a tiller thru the toughest hardest clay type soil you can imagine. It's only the 2nd time the ground has been broken & our 4 gardens are HUGE we're talking 10'x10' to 50'x20' in size. My hubby & I even took turns tag teaming to get all 4 gardens tilled. Not to mention I hoed like 3 rows & got some stuff planted yesterday too! Radishes, lettuce (2 varieties), 3 onion varieties, zucchini & carrots (2 varieties). I have more that needs to be planted but will have to wait for the next dry day. (not supposed to happen for another 5 days again) I also did some other manual labor around too. I had so much energy & I felt great. That would have just wiped me out & then some anytime in the past 5 years or more.
 Mothers day dinner. VERY healthy! MIL is on the challenge & is losing weight & inches! Chicken with BBQ seasoning, venison, organic potatoes & carrots, frozen/fresh pumpkin with pumpkin pie spices on it (no buttery spread or anything) 1c. choc/vanilla almond milk... I ran out so it was a mixture. Swig of Coors Light (yup, still didn't taste good) & 1 PB bunny after MIL left. .5c. Trop50 with 2 nighttime recoveries & L-glutamine (both were needed as I was more sore going to bed & knew I didn't want to feel that way in the AM & I didn't).

No comments:

Post a Comment